Dogs never stop finding ways to have a good time, and Kong gives you and your best friend more fun per square inch than any toy on the planet. So what s the magic
We are committed to quality. Everything we make is the absolute best it can be without any corners cut, ever.
We take pride in being an original. Like our Classic Kongs, made with natural Kong rubber, it s the reason people and pets all over the world know Kong by name.
We know dogs need variety. It s a fact: dogs get bored, just like we do. So Kong has toys in all kinds of shapes and sizes. We keep the healthy play coming and we never stop innovating.
Safety is always at the top of our list. We would never make a bad decision for your best friend, period.
There are three basic chewing styles when it comes to dogs and their toys.
1) Gentle Chewers These dogs are easy on toys and prefer plush or fabric toys. They usually like to lick or suck on their toys, but rarely ever destroy their toys.
2) Average Chewers These dogs love to play with all kinds of toys and will often carry toys around with them. They can be destructive with plush and fabric toys but rarely are destructive with rubber toys.
3) Power Chewers These dogs are usually strong, determined chewers who require more discretion when it comes to selecting toys. Choose durable, interactive play toys along with hard rubber toys. Sizing up is also helpful when picking toys for Power Chewers.
For all dogs regardless of chewing temperament supervise play until you re confident the dog won t destroy the toy. Be sure to replace any toy with cuts, tears or rips.
A lot of thought goes into making Kong the best choice for your best friends.
Most dogs need to learn to use a Kong Classic. Follow these steps to ensure your dog knows how to enjoy all the benefits of this popular toy.
1. SIZE FOR SAFETY
It s important to use the right size Kong so that your dog can have the safest, most enjoyable experience. Not sure where to start on sizing Check out the Kong User Guide picture.
2. ENGAGE TO ENSURE SUCCESS
Get your dog excited about their new Kong. Show it off and talk about it excitedly; maybe even play a little hard-to-get to pique their interest and show them what their new toy can do.
3. STUFF TO ENTICE AND EXTEND PLAYTIME
Many dogs are motivated by food and Kong toys are perfect for stuffing with treats or kibble to keep dogs busy. The key is to stuff loosely so that the food will come out of the toy easily. To entice your dog, try using a little bit of peanut butter or their favorite treat in the Kong.
4. FREEZE FOR GREATER CHALLENGE
Over time, your dog will learn how to get treats out of the Kong quickly. To increase the challenge, put together a mixture of wet and dry ingredients, stuff the Kong and freeze it. A frozen Kong heightens the experience by creating a long-lasting, mentally stimulating task.